GUIDELINES AND HOW TO SUBMIT FOR
2017 TRAVEL AWARDS
The Travel Award Program is specifically designed for graduate students, medical students, residents or post-doctoral trainees in a field relevant to perinatal mental health. The goals of the program are to expose awardees to the breadth of opportunities available to clinical researchers, introduce them to investigators from other institutions, and facilitate the establishment of a peer group for the Travel Awardees.
Early career applicants should submit to all items listed below sent as one PDF to
Debby Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 20.
1. An abstract based on original research (with results or a re-analysis of existing information that have not been presented or published in the past), or a proposed research design (without data) or a scholarly literature review in a relevant area.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Brief description (no more than one page in length) of research/career goals and aspirations.
4. A nomination letter from a PNMHS member with a 500 word summary that provides information about why the candidate is deserving of a travel award.
The Travel Awards will be accepted through June 20, 2017.
Many thanks to the Seleni Institute for their generous sponsorship!
Perinatal Mental Health Society
THE MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH INNOVATION AWARDS PROGRAM
DETAILS & HOW TO APPLY - click here
2020 Mom and the Perinatal Mental Health Society (PNMHS), with the generous support of the new Zoma Foundation (based in Denver, Colorado), announce with great pleasure the Maternal Mental Health Innovation Awards Program. Maternal Mental Health disorders, like postpartum depression, impact up to 1 in 5 women during pregnancy and the postpartum period and often go undiagnosed and untreated.
The Innovation Awards aims to recognize programs that are closing gaps in awareness, delivery of care, access to care or prevention in innovative ways and which should be lifted up for adoption across our country.
For the 2017 Award Year, applications are due on July 30 , 2017.
Winners will be selected by September 1, 2017.
Please email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com.
The program has two main goals:
The program will give awards in three categories. The first place winner in each category will receive a prize of $3000, and the honorable mention winner in each category will receive a $1000 prize. One representative from each of the 2017 winners will receive complimentary registration, hotel accommodations for three nights and travel costs (airfare not to exceed $500) for the PNMHS conference in November. The programs will be presented and recorded on Wednesday morning, November 8, 2017. The Innovation Awards will also be given at the 2020 Mom conference in 2018 and the PNMHS conference in 2019.
Three categories of Innovation Awards in Maternal Mental Health:
1. Innovative Programs in Care (examples: hospital programs, yoga support groups, therapy by home visiting, etc.)
2. Innovative Community Solutions (examples: community coalitions, maternal mental health awareness initiatives, partnership with patients and/or researchers and employers, hospitals, etc.)
3. Innovation in Policy and Advocacy (national, state or local legislative or regulatory advocacy efforts)